Monday 18 November 2013

19th November 2013...Clive has finally got the message and pissed off with a little help from my surgeon


After 6 months of living with an annoying lump I named Clive, he has finally gone. 

I am writing this blog at 3.30 am from my hospital bed because I can't sleep. I have been dosing for about half an hour and now I'm just chilling out. 

I will not lie, going to the bathroom was interesting. I have a wonderful drip attached to me. This will be my mate for the next week or so.  It's making me feel very uneasy! 

I am on oxygen because my breathing is up and down and I am scared to move around in fear of the pain. 

I look simply wonderful haha 

As you can see I'm still trying to pout!! Look at the eyebrows though! Perfect! 

Thank goodness for morphine!! Waking up from the operation was very strange. Weak is no way strong enough to describe. Drowsy maybe, out of it is what I was. The morphine was great and whatever painkillers they put me on, a godsend. 

I am comfortable in my bed, the nurse on call is wonderful and I love my little button at the side of me to ring if I need anything. I may purchase a bell for home ;-) 

I'm flipping starving and I've already asked what's for breakfast! I've got to wait till 8.30. I've only eaten a sand which in over 24hrs. Yum! 

My emotions are all over the shop.  A little to do with the drugs I suspect. But no real tears as yet,  just the thought of them.   To know that Clive has gone is a huge relief. I am nearly there. It's nearly over. 

The thought of being able to see the finish line makes me feel so extremely wonderful and so unbelievay anxious and nervous. Strange I know. 

My main focus right now though is to get better. Getting my strength and using my very sore right arm to punch Clive in the face (metaphorically of course!) 

The rest will be dealt with at a later date. Emotions.... I just don't have time for you right now :-) 

Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);